ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP (Desktop, Engine, Server) Utilities and Telecom Patch
This patch addresses issues that may affect workflows commonly used by consumers of the geometric network with replication and reconcile/conflict management. While focused on the utility and telecom industries, Esri recommends that all users of ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP for Desktop, Engine and Server install this required patch.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
- Getting Help
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP (Desktop, Engine, Server) Utilities and Telecom Patch. This patch supersedes the ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP (Desktop, Engine, Server) Geodatabase Patch and the ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP (Desktop, Engine, Server) Geometric Network Patch. The ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP (Desktop, Engine, Server) Utilities and Telecom Patch can be installed over top of the existing patches.
The ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP (Desktop, Engine, Server) Utilities and Telecom Patch includes bug fixes focused on utility and telecom facilities management workflows. Areas addressed by the patch include the geometric network, reconcile/conflict management and replication. Esri recommends that all users of ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP for Desktop, Engine and Server install this patch. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM086487 - Reconcile in favor of edit version encounters a "field is not editable" error and loses all M:N relationship records.
- NIM091625 - Calling Store on a connected edge in the OnChange event for a junction feature causes data issues and network inconsistencies.
- NIM092112 - Reconcile fails with invalid element due to attempt to query for an orphan junction that has already been subsumed.
- NIM092260 - Geometric network features are deleted during reconcile with options by attribute in favor of edit.
- NIM093254 - Connecting edges to coincident user junctions along complex edges causes network inconsistencies and crashes ArcMap.
- NIM093525 - Duplicate Annotation is created for an update-update edge conflict when the edge is updated in the parent and its connected orphan junction in the child is subsumed.
- NIM093526 - Relationships are dropped for M:N relationship classes with update-update edge conflicts where the edge is updated in the parent and the orphan junction of the edge is subsumed in the child.
- NIM094176 - Certain versions fail to reconcile and the following error message is displayed, "The version could not be reconciled".
- NIM094377 - Reduce False Update-Update conflicts during reconcile.
- NIM095470 - Synchronizing a replica causes an inconsistent connectivity in the geodatabase that is receiving the edits.
- NIM095722 - Rebuild Network fails during rebuild of a child network when deleting edge elements.
System Administrators: A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10.1 setups using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10.1 Enterprise Deployment.
ArcGIS Desktop, Engine, or Server 9.3.1 SP2 Quality Improvement Patch must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-931SP2QIP-DTES-UT-Patch.exe to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-931SP2QIP-DTES-UT-Patch.exe
|ArcGIS Desktop, Engine, Server||ArcGIS-931SP2QIP-DTES-UT-Patch.exe||B438CE609360DFD6332F5F18F684E55C|
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.