ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP (Desktop, Engine, Server) Geodatabase Patch
This patch addresses several fixes for relationship classes within a versioned environment, geometric networks and replication. Esri recommends that anyone using these areas of Geodatabase functionality apply this patch.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP (Desktop, Engine, Server) Geodatabase Patch. This patch addresses a number of issues with respect to relationship classes in a versioned environment, geometric networks and replication. Esri recommends that anyone using these areas of Geodatabase functionality apply this patch. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM033731 - Splitting a simple edge feature by connecting or creating a junction along its length should use the new split method to maintain the original feature and create one new feature.
- NIM038632- 65th junction subtype (geometric network connectivity rules) gives "The subtype code does not exist".
- NIM047092 - Splitting a network edge causes invalid connectivity in resulting split feature.
- NIM049400 - The Merge command can create disconnected new orphan junctions.
- NIM057574 - Subsuming an orphan junction with a user defined junction in the Edit version may result in loss of newly inserted edges connected to the orphan junction in the parent version following reconcile in favor of the Edit version.
- NIM060879 - Synchronization fails with an error when the edits are across a spatial filter that involves a many to many relationship class in two-way replicas.
- NIM062587 - INetworkTopology::GetAdjacentEdgeCount can return random number if its parameter EID is 0.
- NIM066051 - Where possible, update error messages during Reconcile to include class name and OID of feature causing the failure.
- NIM067426 - Reconcile error: "The operation was attempted on an empty geometry" when reconciling specific version by object in favor of the edit version.
- NIM068952- Synchronizing a one-way replica is crashing ArcCatalog and ArcMap.
- NIM069191- False conflicts and unexpected behavior is displayed when reconciling feature classes that were involved with M:N/1:M relationship classes.
- NIM071209 - The IRowEvents::OnChanged of a newly-created custom Feature is fired before the IRowEvents::OnNew.
- NIM072123 - Reconcile may cause geometric network inconsistencies under particular circumstances.
- NIM072818 - Augment error message for Reconcile to include feature class and OID when reconcile fails due to disconnected feature.
- NIM073066 - Failed to reconcile a version due to the line segment had been flipped. "The geometry corresponding to an edge element may not be zero length. [class=NE.TRANSMEDIA, oid=97224]"
- NIM075497 - Error fixed by rebuilding the connectivity at the junction feature is not reflected after reconcile and post.
- NIM076505 - Reconciling one particular version with Default by attribute and in favor of target version gets an error, the geometry corresponding to an edge element may not be zero length, but the problematic feature is not an empty geometry.
- NIM076673 - Raise an error when retrieving BLOBs and the OS is unable to allocate enough memory.
- NIM079744 - Reconcile fails with "Invalid geometry" error due to coincident orphan and user-defined junctions when there is a network inconsistency with one of the connected edges.
- NIM077752 - Reconcile fails if the Split tool is used at different locations on the same complex edge in multiple versions.
- NIM077753 - With a particular workflow, an edge may be deleted on reconcile when the In Favor of Edit option is selected.
- NIM079751 - Unable to sync changes data changes on a One- way (Parent-Child) replica getting Table name is invalid and field not editable errors.
- NIM080354 - Synchronization error "The workspace is not connected" when syncing a replica as the SDE user.
- NIM082045 - Data loss can occur during reconcile with a feature class participating in both a geometric network and relationship class when the destination table contains objects which have been altered by the editing of related origin features due to the destination objects not being listed as conflicts.
- NIM082047 - Network Inconsistencies are introduced to a Geometric Network after creating a new complex edge, creating a user junction at the endpoint of the edge, disconnecting that junction, and then creating a new edge with its endpoint being the disconnected junction.
- NIM082048 - Multiple Element IDs are assigned to network features on reconcile in a particular workflow.
- NIM082744 - When performing a disconnected synchronization for a one-way parent-child replica, the process fails with error "Field not editable" if the changes include a new edge and a deleted edge that share a junction.
- NIM084417 - Reconcile may fail due to coincident orphan junctions with an error message indicating missing or invalid EID.
Under the Windows <ArcGIS Product Installation Directory>\bin folder:
ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 Service Pack 2 Quality Improvement Patch must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- For ArcGIS Server GIS Services Only: Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Stop the ArcGIS Server Object Manager and ArcGIS Server SOC Monitor services.
For ArcGIS Server Java Only: Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Stop the ArcGIS Server Object Manager; ArcGIS Server SOC Monitor and ArcGIS Server Manager services.
- Double-click Gis931SP2QIP-DTES-GN-Patch.exe to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- For ArcGIS Server GIS Services Only: Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Start the ArcGIS Server Object Manager and ArcGIS Server SOC Monitor services.
For ArcGIS Server Java Only: Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Start the ArcGIS Server Object Manager; ArcGIS Server SOC Monitor and ArcGIS Server Manager services.
|ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine, Server)||Gis931SP2QIP-DTES-GDB-Patch.exe|
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
Update 02/11/2013: After installing this patch, the following error may occur during a reconcile of a geometric network: “The version could not be reconciled. Invalid network element id”. This issue is resolved by installing the ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP2 QIP (Desktop, Engine, Server) Geometric Network Reconcile Patch.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download and extract the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.