ArcGIS 10.0 SP3 (Desktop and ArcGIS Explorer 1750) File Menu Performance Patch
This patch addresses a performance issue when accessing the File menu in ArcMap 10.0 Service Pack 3 and ArcGIS Explorer 1750 when internet connectivity is restricted. Users should install this patch to improve performance when accessing the File menu if operating in configurations with limited internet access.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.0 SP3 (Desktop and ArcGIS Explorer 1750) File Menu Performance Patch. This patch addresses performance issues when accessing the File Menu from either ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcGlobe) and ArcGIS Explorer 1750 when internet access is restricted. By default ArcGIS Desktop tries to establish contact with Esri internet resources. If you are behind a firewall with no access to Esri websites the File menu will not appear until the internet request times out. This patch significantly decreases the amount of time that it takes for ArcGIS Desktop software to determine that a connection to Esri internet resources is not possible. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM075936 - File Menu hangs when ArcMap is not able to access ArcGIS online in 10 SP3.
System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Installation Steps:ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 3 Desktop or ArcGIS Explorer 1750 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click Gis10sp3-<Product>-FMP-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\Gis10sp3-<Product>-FMP-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen. At the end of the installation, follow the instructions to run the GIS Server Post Install.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.