ArcGIS 10 SP2 (Desktop) Landsat Image Services Raster Patch
This patch addresses issues that occur in ArcGIS Desktop 10 Service Pack 2 when consuming landsat image services.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10 SP2 (Desktop) Landsat Image Services Raster Patch. This patch addresses issues that occur in ArcGIS Desktop 10.0 Service Pack 2 when consuming landsat image services. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM066327 - When dynamic range adjustment (DRA) is enabled in the Image Analysis Window there is no default stretch type.
- NIM067121 - When identifying a mosaic dataset in ArcMap it returns values for the rasters that are not displaying.
Description: When identifying on the image layer of a mosaic dataset, all raster items that overlay with the identify location are displayed; the fix is to return only items that are visible in the current display resolution.
- NIM067822 - Image service footprints should response to time slider as well.
Description: When using time slider on an image service with footprint turned on, the images are animated correctly with time, however the footprints are not. After the fix, both images and the footprints will respond to the time slider correctly.
- NIM067964 - Histogram on the image classification toolbar does not work with WCS raster or Landsat Image Service.
Description: When using the histogram on the image classification toolbar to compare training samples, the results are incorrect if using an image service or a WCS raster. This fix produces correct histograms.
- NIM067966 - Using interactive image classification tool on a WCS service causes a crash.
Description: When a WCS layer is selected in the layer drop down menu for the image classification toolbar and an interactive classification is attempted, the program crashes. This fix allows the classification of a WCS using the interactive image classification toolbar.
- NIM067978 - Extract by Mask tool does not process multiband image service input successfully.
Description: When a multiband image service is used as input to the Spatial Analyst Extract By Mask tool, the tool fails to execute. This fix allows Extract By Mask to execute successfully with multiband image services.
- NIM067979 - The Spatial Analyst Con tool fails to execute with an image service input.
Description: When an image service is used as input to the Spatial Analyst Con tool, the tool fails to execute. This fix allows Con to execute successfully with an image service as input.
- NIM067993 - Dynamic range adjustment (DRA) doesn't respond to mosaic rule change on the layer properties change.
Description: When the Dynamic range adjustment (DRA) button is checked on from Image Analysis Window, changing the mosaic rule or mosaic method of the image service layer is not used to calculate statistics. The display still uses the previous mosaic method.
- NIM067994 - Support JPEG compression transmission for more than 3-band image service.
Description: If an image service contains more than 3 bands, JPEG compression is not available from ArcMap client even though it is defined during publishing. After the fix, ArcMap client is able to use JPEG for image transmission.
- NIM067995 - Time extend defined on mosaic dataset should be read automatically by image service.
Description: The time extend defined in the mosaic dataset is ignored after publishing as an image service. With the fix, the time extend is automatically read by image service and users do not need to recalculate.
- NIM068092 - When adding a raster function to a raster item in a mosaic dataset, the function variables cannot be defined from the attribute table of the mosaic dataset.
- NIM068093 - Make Image Server Layer tool show validation errors for default mosaic method with some image services.
- NIM068094 - Extract Multi Values to Points tool crashes on image service input.
Description: An image service used as input to the Spatial Analyst Extract Multi Values to Points tool causes the tool to crash. This fix allows Extract Multi Values to Points to execute successfully with an image service as input.
Description: If the raster layer and image service layer are displayed without stretching (stretch type is none), applying dynamic range adjustment (DRA) does not work. The fix is to automatically apply min-max stretch if DRA is requested in the case of none stretch.
Under the Windows <ArcGIS Product Installation Directory>\bin folder:
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Installation Steps:ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 2 for Desktop must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click Gis10sp2-DT-LISR-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\Gis10sp2-DT-LISR-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download and extract the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
If you are in the United States, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside of the United States, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.