ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 (Desktop, Engine) Fetching Rows and Fields using Java Patch
This patch addresses an issue causing fetching rows/fields to randomly fail and/or return null. This occurs when attempting to iterate through the rows of a large table. This is only encountered in Java applications using ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 on a computer with multi-core processors.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 (Desktop, Engine) Fetching Rows and Fields using Java Patch. This patch addresses an issue causing fetching rows/fields to fail and/or return null while iterating through the rows of a large table. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM064053- ArcObjects code randomly fails and\or returns null while iterating through the rows of a large table.
Description: When iterating through rows of a large table, the application may randomly fail and/or return null. This is only encountered in Java applications using ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 on a computer with multi-core processors. This patch resolves the issue so fetching rows/fields will not randomly fail and/or return null for a large table.
Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\java\lib folder:
ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click gis10sp1-dt-FRF-Java-Patch.msp or gis10sp1-e-FRF-Java-Patch.msp to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
April 11, 2011: Added the ArcGIS Desktop setup to the download page.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.