ArcIMS 3.1 Geocoding Patch
ESRI is pleased to announce QFE AIMS-31-09. This patch addresses CQ00165398: Cannot find valid addresses when using mtch indexes on the nationwide street database. We highly recommend that customers download and install this patch at their earliest convenience.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Identifying QFE files on your machine
ESRI is pleased to announce AIMS-31-09. We highly recommend that customers download and install this patch at their earliest convenience.
This QFE deals specifically with the problems listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
CQ00165398: Cannot find valid addresses when using mtch indexes on the nationwide street database
Before installing this patch you must install the ArcSDE 8.1.2 upgrade for ArcIMS 3.1 users.
- From your Services control panel, stop the ArcIMS Tasker, ArcIMS Monitor, and ArcIMS Application Server (in that order).
- Download the updated ArcIMS 3.1 mtch.dll (ZIP format, 133 KB).
- Use WinZip to extract mtch.dll from AIMS31_09_intel.zip
- Open your Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to your <ArcIMS 3.1 install directory>\indexbuilder and make a copy of the mtch.dll file named mtch_31.dll.
- Navigate to your <ArcIMS 3.1 install directory>\server\bin and make a copy of the mtch.dll file named mtch_31.dll.
- Replace the following files with the patched one in this distribution.
- <ArcIMS 3.1 install directory>\indexbuilder\mtch.dll
- <ArcIMS 3.1 install directory>\server\bin\mtch.dll
- Restart the ArcIMS Application Server, ArcIMS Monitor and ArcIMS Tasker (in that order).
- Rebuild the geocoding indices for your data. The geocoding index for a shapefile is located in the same directory as the shapefile. If using an ArcSDE layer, the geocoding index is located in a user defined directory. Delete the existing indices. Open Author and use the Geocoding Properties button to rebuild the indices.
To check for the presence of Quick Fixes, examine the unique identification information by a (right click, properties, version tab) action under Explorer. With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a QFE distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. Under Windows 2000, select 'Product Version' under the 'Item name' column to see the unique identifier. The unique identifier for this QFE is QFE-ArcSDE-812-12-CQ00165449 (05/01/2002).