ArcSDE 10.0 General Update Patch for SQL Server
This is a mandatory patch that should be applied to ArcSDE 10.0 for SQL Server and all ArcGIS 10.0 clients that connect to ArcSDE 10.0 or earlier release geodatabases on SQL Server.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- ESRI products connecting to ArcSDE (application server and direct connections)
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcSDE 10.0 General Update Patch for SQL Server. This patch addresses issues that may be encountered when working with geodatabases stored in SQL Server. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM058241 - Edits made by a User that was assigned edit privileges do not persist after saving when loading raster data in a raster type field in a feature class.
Description: Users performing versioned edits on raster fields of either a feature class or a table will encounter a problem if they do not own the feature class or table and were granted edit access, by the owner.
After starting the edit session, loading a raster value into the raster field, and saving the edits, the raster value returns to a null state.
- NIM059142- Date fields created in SQL Server 2008 9.3.x geodatabases by ArcGIS 10 clients using direct connect are inaccessible by pre-10 ArcGIS clients.
Description: ArcGIS 10 clients using a direct connect to older geodatabases in SQL Server 2008 are erroneously creating date fields using the datetime2 data type. The datetime2 datatype is not supported by pre-10 ArcGIS clients. Please see technical article 38046 for more details.
- NIM059178 - Unable to preview feature classes or upgrade geodatabase from ArcGIS 10 Client via Direct Connect.
Description: When making a Direct Connect from an ArcGIS 10 client to a 9.2, 9.3 or 9.3.1 geodatabase, previewing feature classes, or upgrading the geodatabase to version 10 fails with “DBMS table not found” errors. Please see technical article 38048 for more details.
ESRI products connecting to ArcSDE:
Since this Patch replaces 10.0 files, you must have ArcSDE 10.0 before you can install this Patch.
- Install this Patch using an administrator account. Make sure you have write access to the ArcSDE installation folder, that no one is using ArcSDE, and that the ArcSDE service is down.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcSDE installation location.
ArcSDE SQL Server (32 bit Operating System) SQL Server SDE10-GUP-SQL-win.msp 1 MB ArcSDE SDK SDE10-GUP-CAPI-win.msp 1 MB ArcSDE Java SDK SDE10-GUP-JavaSDK-win.msp 1 MB ArcSDE SQL Server (64 bit Operating System) SQL Server 64 SDE10-GUP-SQL-win64.msp 1 MB ArcSDE SDK 64 SDE10-GUP-CAPI-win64.msp 1 MB ArcSDE Java SDK 64 SDE10-GUP-JavaSDK-win64.msp 1 MB
- Double-click SDE10-GUP-<Product>-win<Bit>.msp to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- Server Only: As the ArcSDE administrative user, run the following command to restart the ArcSDE service:
c:\sdemon -o start
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can run the Patch manually by using the following commands.
c:\msiexec.exe /p [location of patch]\SDE10-GUP-<Product>-win<Bit>.msp
- If you connect to ArcSDE 10.0 using ArcGIS 10.0, ArcIMS 10.0, or ArcInfo
Workstation 10.0, please follow the steps below to install this Patch to your ArcGIS 10.0, ArcIMS 10.0, or ArcInfo Workstation
10.0 installation folder:
- Before you start, make sure you have write access to the installation
folder, then download the zip file to that location:
sde10-gup-esri-win.zip 1 MB
- ArcIMS only, stop the ArcIMS Tasker, ArcIMS Monitor, and ArcIMS Application Server (in that order).
- Extract the new files from sde10-gup-esri-win.zip to the appropriate installation folder, see list below:
- ArcGIS Desktop, Server, Engine, Reader, or ArcView 10 - <installation-folder>\<Product>\bin
- ArcGIS Workstation - <installation-folder>\arcexe10x\bin
- Depending on the ArcIMS Setup features installed, the ArcSDE client file could be located in one or more of the following locations:
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what products and which patches are currently installed on your machine, download
the PatchFinder utility
and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.