ArcGIS Server 10.0 Manager Web Application Publishing on XP/2003 (64 bit) Patch
This patch addresses an issue encountered when using the ArcGIS Server Manager to publish Web Mapping Applications on machines running Windows XP 64 bit and Windows 2003 64 bit.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on ArcGIS Server
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Server 10.0 Manager Web Application Publishing on XP/2003 (64 bit) Patch. This patch addresses an issue encountered when using the ArcGIS Server Manager to publish Web Mapping Applications on machines running Windows XP 64 bit and Windows 2003 64 bit. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM058004 - On XP 64 bit and 2003 64 bit, Web Mapping Applications published from Manager display the message 'The page cannot be displayed' when they open because they are referencing the Framework64 ISAPI dll.
Description: When publishing Web Mapping Applications from ArcGIS Server Manager on machines running Windows XP 64 bit and Windows 2003 64 bit, the new web application will fail to open and the browser will display the message 'The page cannot be displayed'. This issue does not occur on 32 bit operating systems or newer 64 bit operating systems running Vista, 2008, 7 and 2008 R2. This patch only needs to be applied if you have installed the Applications Manager feature from the ArcGIS Server – Web Applications setup.
ArcGIS 10.0 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download ArcGIS-SWEB-10-MGR-Patch.msp to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Server Web Applications ArcGIS-SWEB-10-MGR-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click ArcGIS-SWEB-10-MGR-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-SWEB-10-MGR-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: When installing this patch on an ArcGIS Server installation that has multiple instances of the Applications Manager feature, the patch will automatically re-launch in order to update each instance. To properly update each instance, click Next and Finish when prompted and allow the patch to install.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.