ArcGIS Server 10.0 REST API Server Info Resource Patch for the Microsoft .NET Framework
This patch addresses an issue in the REST API Server Info resource. We recommend this patch to any secured ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework installations that use a token based security.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on ArcGIS Server
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Server 10.0 REST API Server Info Resource Patch for the Microsoft .NET Framework. This patch addresses an issue in the REST API Server Info resource. We recommend this patch to any secured ArcGIS Server for the Microsoft .NET Framework installations that use a token based security. The patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM058251 - The token service URL that is returned by .NET REST Server Info resource is incorrect. Currently it returns the URL to the getToken HTML page which is the page intended for manually generating a token. Mobile clients (eg: IPhone) require the URL returned to be the token service endpoint that can be programmatically used to generate a token.
Description: At 10.0 Final, the token service URL returned by .NET REST Server Info resource is not suitable for an application that will refer to this URL to programmatically generate a token . With this fix in NIM058251, the token service URL reported in the Server Info Resource will be correct and can be programmatically used for generating a token. Please see the REST API reference for more information about the Server Info Resource.
ArcGIS 10.0 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Server GIS Services ArcGIS-SGIS-10-RestAPI-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Stop the ArcGIS Server Object Manager and ArcGIS Server SOC Monitor services.
- Double-click ArcGIS-SGIS-10-RestAPI-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-SGIS-10-RestAPI-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen. At the end of the installation, follow the instructions to run the GIS Server Post Install.
- Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Start the ArcGIS Server Object Manager and ArcGIS Server SOC Monitor services.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.