ArcGIS 9.3.1 (Desktop, Engine) Tracking Analyst Polygon and Line Patch
This patch addresses rendering and labeling issues related to polygons and lines in Tracking Analyst layers.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.3.1 (Desktop, Engine) Tracking Analyst Polygon and Line Patch. This patch addresses rendering and labeling issues related to polygons and lines in Tracking Analyst layers. We recommend that all who use Tracking Analyst download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.3.1. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM045398 - Polygon and Polyline features in a tracking layer do not get properly rendered on the map.
- NIM046794 - Labelling polygon tracking layers using the Event Attributes option on the Symbology tab does not work for polygon tracking layers.
Description: Tracking Analyst layers provide a tool to label the polygons. The patch addresses the case where most of the polygon labels are hidden because the system thinks that the labels would overlap and become unreadable.
Description: Tracking Analyst layers support the rendering of points, lines, and polygons. This patch addresses the case where polygons and lines are improperly rendered.
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS 9.3.1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download GIS931-TAPL-Patch.EXE
to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click GIS931-TAPL-Patch.EXE to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered.
ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
May 12, 2010 - This patch will be included in the next available Service Pack or Major Release.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder931.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.