ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 Raster Renderer Patch
This patch resolves an issue where an error message is displayed when applying the classified renderer on some raster datasets that contain many unique values, especially floating point datasets.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 9.3 Raster Renderer Patch. This patch resolves an issue where an error message
is displayed when applying the classified renderer on some raster datasets that contain many unique values, especially floating
point datasets. Users who work with these types of raster data should install this patch. The specific issues addressed in
this patch are listed below.
- NIM035876 - Using classified renderer on a large raster dataset will receive unexpected error message in ArcGIS 9.3 final.
Using the raster classified renderer requires the raster dataset to have statistics. If the raster dataset does not have statistics and histogram, you will be prompted to calculate them. In the case of a raster dataset containing many unique values, e.g. the number of unique values reaches the default setting defined by ArcGIS, an error message will appear. The patch resolves the problem by calculating statistics and histogram without the error message appearing.
- Under the \ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS 9.3 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS 9.3.
- Download ArcGIS-93-Raster-Patch.EXE to a location other than your
ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- For information regarding deploying the patch using deployment software such as SMS or Group Policy, refer to the ArcGIS Enterprise Deployment whitepaper.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the File version information (right click, properties, version tab). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The File version for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.