ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine, Server) 9.2 Synchronizing with Objectid Based Relationship Classes Patch
This patch addresses cases where edits to relationships are incorrectly synchronized with two-way and one-way replication when the objectid is the primary key.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
IMPORTANT NOTE: (August 19, 2008)
This patch is now available for ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 6.
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 9.2 Synchronizing with Objectid Based Relationship Classes Patch.
This patch addresses cases where edits to relationships are incorrectly synchronized with two-way and one-way
replication when the objectid is the primary key. We recommend that all who use geodatabase replication, download
and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with
ArcGIS 9.2. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under
Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM036638 - Syncing replicas where there are chained OID based relationships causes the relationships to be broken.
A foreign key may be changed to reference an incorrect origin row in cases where a destination feature class or table is also an origin feature class or table in at least one other relationship class. This only happens if the objectid is the primary key for these relationship classes and only happens during inserts. This problem will not happen when updates or deletes are synchronized.
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS Desktop 9.2 Service Pack 6 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download ArcGIS-92sp6-SOID-Patch.exe to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click the appropriate setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS
Desktop setup, this Patch must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
UPDATE 8/19/2008 - Now Available:
- This patch is now available for ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 6.
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the File version information (right click, properties, version tab). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The File version for this Patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.