Military Overlay Editor 9.2 Service Pack 1
ESRI announces Military Overlay Editor (MOLE) 9.2 Service Pack 1. This Service Pack contains several improvements and maintenance fixes for MOLE 9.2.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Service Pack
- Files Installed in this Service Pack
- Installing this Service Pack
We recommend that all MOLE 9.2 customers download and install this Service Pack, at their earliest convenience, to ensure the highest quality experience when working with MOLE 9.2.
- Improvements were made to the API to correct the slow loading of FEGraphicFactory. This change also reduces the time it takes in the user interface for MOLE layers to open in ArcGIS applications such as ArcMap and ArcGlobe.
- In some cases, after performing a UTM projection on an incoming geometry, MOLE was not checking to see if the projected shape was valid or was instead empty. In cases where the incoming geometry was outside the coordinate system of the display, the projected function was returning an empty geometry, which caused unpredictable results when MOLE tried to use that empty geometry to construct a graphic. This issue has been fixed.
- In some cases, when you extruded FLOT lines in ArcGlobe, ArcGlobe would unexpectedly stop responding. This issue has been fixed.
- All center point modifiers now display in the preview window of the MOLE Symbol Editor.
The name of the menu item MOLE > Update Older MOLE Database has changed to MOLE > Update pre-9.0 MOLE Database. It functions the same way that it did at 9.2. For more information, see the updating your data section in chapter 3 of the MOLE getting started guide. Note that you won't see this change if a moleCore.ldb file existed in your
/ArcGIS/Bin directory at the time you installed this service pack. Deleting the moleCore.ldb before you run the service pack will ensure you see this menu item name change. moleCore.ldb is the lock file for moleCore.mdb.
- NIM009615 – A memory leak would occur in ArcGIS Engine applications that used MOLE layers and performed lots of refreshes over an extended period of time; this issue has been addressed.
- Changes were made to moleCore, so if you’ve customized moleCore, be sure to save a backup before you install this service pack. Note that customizing moleCore is not recommended.
The service pack installs the following files to the ArcGIS installation directory\bin directory:
ArcGIS 9.2 and MOLE 9.2 must be installed before you can install this Service Pack.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation directory (by default, this is C:\Program Files\ArcGIS) and that no one is accessing it.
- Download the file in the Downloads section below to a location other than the ArcGIS installation directory.
- Double-click the .msp file to start the installation process.
- When the installation wizard (Setup program) starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this Service Pack must be applied to all client installations.
Service Pack Updates
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.