ArcGIS Service Pack 1 - Geodatabase Patch V.3
This Geodatabase Patch V.3 is the third geodatabase patch for ArcInfo Desktop 8.1. This patch cumulatively addresses additional problems specific to the geodatabase, network connectivity within ArcMap and optimizing version reconciliation.Descripción
- Hardware Environment
- Bugs Fixed with this Patch
- Files Included in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- Getting Help
ESRI® is pleased to announce this latest patch for ArcGIS Service Pack 1. This patch resolves several problems specific to the geodatabase, network connectivity within ArcMap, and optimizing version reconciliation. It deals specifically with the problems listed below under Bugs Fixed with this Patch.
Before you install the ArcGIS Service Pack 1 - Geodatabase Patch V.3, you must install the following patches:
The ArcGIS Service Pack 1 - Geodatabase Patch V.3 replaces several ArcInfo 8.1 SP1 files. Therefore, you should install it while no one is using the ArcGIS software.
During installation, you can either save the original ArcGIS Service Pack 1 files or overwrite them. If you choose to save them, make sure you have enough disk space. The estimated disk space requirements are:
Windows NT-Intel 7.2 MB
Critical issue addressed in this Geodatabase Patch V.3 (Aidt-81sp1-17):
- CQ00153380: Multi-user editing with related tables crashes ArcMap
Note: The Geodatabase Patch V.3 is a cumulative patch and addresses all of the previous Geodatabase Patch issues.
Issues addressed in the previous Geodatabase Patch (Aidt-81sp1-10) and the Geodatabase Patch V.2 (Aidt-81sp1-13):
- CQ00151618: Rebuild connectivity fails with a deleted element in the con.table that exists in the description table
- CQ00151310: IComplexEdgeFeature::ConnectatIntermediateVertices, Rebuild Connectivity tool is not setting weights in logical network
- CQ00150189: Split on Network Edges may result in corrupt connectivity
- CQ00149878: Optimize variable cost of Reconcile
- CQ00149725: Reconciliation needs to optimize geodatabase system table queries during reconcile
- CQ00149276: ArcMap may crash when creating relationship class
- CQ00148394: Incorrect logic in FdbUtil:: s_GetValidationRulesIdList()
- CQ00147662: ISchemaLock::GetCurrentSchemaLocks for Geometric Networks may crash ArcCatalog
- CQ00146923: Need to filter "false" delete_update conflicts (after a restore row)
- CQ00145931: Error storing new edge feature due to trying to split "connected" feature that doesn't have a shape set
- CQ00145621: Optimize reconcile with difference query logic and detection
- CQ00145574: Disable weight storage notification if role/weight value/enabled, disabled is not modified
- CQ00145263: Deleting field from FeatureClass in ArcCatalog does not remove corresponding rows from GDB_AttrRules
- CQ00125644: Users need the ability to abort a reconcile once conflicts have been detected
- CQ00103744: No min & max altitude recorded for shapefile-z
Under the %ARCHOME%\bin folder:
- Install ArcGIS Service Pack 1 if you have not already done so.
- ArcSDE users install ArcSDE 8.1 for Oracle TRIM Patch if you have not already done so.
- Download GDB3_Patch.ZIP.
- Use WinZip to extract GDB3_Patch.exe from GDB3_Patch.ZIP.
- Make sure you have write access to the ArcGIS Desktop installation folder and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Double-click GDB3_Patch.exe to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you use shared installations, install this patch on the server and on all client installations.
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches and patch updates.
Sites in the US, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774 if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside the US, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.