ArcGIS Service Pack 1 - CAD Patch
ESRI is pleased to announce this latest patch for ArcGIS Service Pack 1. This patch resolves several problems specific to using CAD data within ArcMap.Descripción
- Hardware Environment
- Bugs Fixed with this Patch
- Files Included in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- Getting Help
ESRI® is pleased to announce this latest patch for ArcGIS 8.1 SP1. This patch resolves several problems specific to using CAD data within ArcMap. It deals specifically with the problems listed below under Bugs Fixed with this Patch.
This patch replaces several ArcGIS 8.1 SP1 files; therefore, you must have the ArcGIS Service Pack 1 installed and running before you can install it. For the same reason, you should install it while no one is using the ArcGIS software.
During installation, you can either save the original 8.1 SP1 files or overwrite them. If you choose to save them, make sure you have enough disk space. The estimated disk space requirements are:
Windows NT-Intel 7.5 MB
- CQ00139753: Unable to export selected CAD features in ArcMap.
- CQ00143082: CAD dataset layers do not show up in the snapping environment dialog in ArcMap.
- CQ00146895: Identifying certain block data fatals ArcMap.
- CQ00146934: Applying a coordinate system to a dataframe containing a CAD drawing fatals ArcMap.
Under the %ARCHOME%\bin folder:CadDB.dll
Since this patch replaces several ArcGIS 8.1 files, ArcGIS 8.1 SP1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download CadPatch.ZIP.
- Use WinZip to extract CadPatch.exe from CadPatch.ZIP.
- Make sure you have write access to the ArcGIS Desktop installation folder and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Double-click CadPatch.exe to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: Install this patch to your ArcGIS 8.1 SP1 installation. This patch must be installed on the server and all client installations if shared installations exist.
Check this site periodically for the availability of additional patches.
Sites in the US, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774 if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside the US, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.