ArcIMS 9.1 Z39.50 Connector Patch
This patch resolves an issue where in searching for metadata documents using the Z39.50 Connector, if many documents match the search criteria, only one result will be present in the response.Descripción
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed with this Patch
- Installation prerequisite
- Installing the Patch
Unix and Linux
- How to identify which Patch is installed.
- Patch Updates
- Getting Help
ESRI announces a Z39.50 Patch. This patch resolves an issue where in searching for metadata documents using the Z39.50 Connector, if many documents match the search criteria, only one result will be present in the response. We highly recommend that customers download and install this patch at their earliest convenience.Issues Addressed with this Patch
Files installed with this Patch
ArcIMS 9.1 Service Pack 1 must be installed prior to installing the Z39.50 Connector patch.
Installation instructions on Windows
- From your Services control panel, stop the Z3950 Connector service.
- Make a copy of <ArcIMS Installation Directory>\Metadata\Z3950Connector\Z3950Connector.jar and move it to a backup location.
- To replace the <ArcIMS Installation Directory>\Metadata\Z3950Connector\Z3950Connector.jar with the new file provided in this patch, double click the executable IMS91-Z3950-patch.exe and follow the instructions on your screen.
- From your Services control panel, start the Z3950 Connector service.
AIX - IMS91-Z3950-ibm.tar (416 KB)
HP-UX - IMS91-Z3950-hp.tar (416 KB)
LINUX - IMS91-Z3950-linux.tar (416 KB)
SOLARIS - IMS91-Z3950-sun.tar (416 KB)
Installation instructions on UNIX and Linux
- Stop the Z3950 Connector process.
- For AIX only, as root, run the slibclean command:
- Extract the IMS91-Z3950-<platform>.tar:
%tar xvf IMS91-Z3950<platform>.tar
%tar -xvf IMS91-Z3950-<platform>AIX only
- Replace <ArcIMS Installation Directory>/Metadata/Z3950Connector/Z3950Connector.jar with the new file provided in this patch by running applypatch and following the directions on the screen. It is recommended that you backup your original files when the dialogue asks.
- Start the Z3950 Connector service.
To check for the presence of a Patch, for each file examine the unique identification information provided (right click, properties, version tab, item name, QFE Version). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a Patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The identification string for this Patch should read:
Unix and Linux
Any modified UNIX executables (or libraries) being sent out as part of a Patch will return the unique identification number for that fix when checked with the "what" command for UNIX or the "strings" command for Linux. For example, to display the identification string for this Patch on UNIX, type:
%what $AIMSHOME/Metadata/Z3950Connector/Z3950Connector.jar | grep QFE
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 888.377.4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.