Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.3.1 GeoEvent Extension Patch 1 for Server
This is a general cumulative maintenance patch for ArcGIS 10.3.1 GeoEvent Extension for Server (Windows and Linux). Please download and install this patch at your earliest convenience.
- Enhancements and Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed with this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Installing this Patch on Linux
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
- Getting Help
- Clearing the browser cache will be required after this patch is installed to properly load the updated GeoEvent Manager User Interface.
- Depending on your product configuration you may need to ensure your inputs, outputs, and GeoEvent Services are started by using the ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension Manager. If they are not started, you will need to manually restart them in the ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension Manager.
- ArcGIS 10.3.1 GeoEvent Extension for Server must be installed before you can install this patch.
Enhancements and Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Addressed in 10.4.1
- Bug-000095066 Unable to change Active status of GeoFences.
- Bug-000094461 Synchronize GeoFences rule does not retain the changes made to the GeoSync filter field value in edit mode.
- Bug-000094460 GeoFence Synchronization does not update GeoFences which have been expired when a GeoSync Filter is specified.
- Bug-000094456 GeoFence Synchronization does not issue standardized queries required by ArcGIS Server to support different types of databases while querying for GeoFences.
- Bug-000094455 GeoFence Synchronization does not accommodate queries in which the END_TIME is NULL.
Addressed in 10.4
- Bug-000092043 In a federated ArcGIS for Server and Portal for ArcGIS environment, GeoEvent Manager doesn't allow users to login to environments which utilizes a DNS name for their Portal site.
- Bug-000091652 GeoEvent stream service output fails to restart after a Data Store Server connection is interrupted.
- Bug-000090104 GeoEvent is unable to retrieve layer information when using a registered data store connection to Portal for ArcGIS configured to use Integrated Windows Authentication.
- Bug-000089145 Generic JSON adapter stops working if it receives more than one message in 100 milliseconds.
- Bug-000089619 Outbound UDP Transport is not sending GeoEvents.
- Bug-000088127 GeoTagger processor does not recognize the newly synchronized GeoFences.
- Bug-000088532 GeoEvent feature service output fails to restart after a Data Store Server connection is interrupted.
Files Installed with this Patch
Installing this Patch on Windows
- Login with an Administrator Windows account.
- Download the patch to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server MD5 Checksum GeoEvent_10_3_1_Patch1.mspcb59bf0e96e6d20f72d573a47f429283
- Double-click GeoEvent_10_3_1_Patch1.msp to start the install process.
Note: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p <location of patch>\GeoEvent_10_3_1_Patch1.msp
- After the setup is complete, restart the ArcGIS GeoEvent Windows Service.
Installing this Patch on Linux
- Log in as the user that installed ArcGIS for Server.
Note: For the Amazon AMI this is the user ‘arcgis’
- Download the package to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS GeoEvent Extension for Server MD5 Checksum GeoEvent-10.3.1-Patch1.tar.gza867b23727c083452412cf4ee7d07de7
- Extract the package by typing:
$ tar -xzvf GeoEvent-10.3.1-Patch1.tar.gz
- Copy the GeoEventSimulator.exe file from ./ArcGISGeoEvent/Support/ to a Windows machine
Note: The GeoEventSimulator can only be used on a Windows machine.
- Run the Installation by typing:
- After the setup is complete, restart the ArcGIS GeoEvent daemon.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing thispatch. International sites, please contact your localEsri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App