Patches and updates
ArcPad 8.0 Service Pack 1 and ArcGIS Server ArcPad Extension 8.0 Service Pack 1
This ArcPad 8.0 Service Pack 1 is a full installation. Please uninstall any previous versions of ArcPad from your desktop PC and Windows Mobile computer prior to its installation.
To uninstall previous version of ArcGIS Server ArcPad extension, it is important to follow these steps:
- You must first delete or stop all current ArcPad services. If you had chosen to stop the services, then go into each ArcPad Service's properties (in ArcCatalog) and ensure the “start automatically” option is unchecked.
- Go into Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Stop, then Start, the ArcGIS Server Object Manager service.
- Use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel to uninstall the ArcGIS Server ArcPad Extension.
- Verify that the folder C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\server\ArcPad Extension no longer exists. If it does, remove it.
- Go into Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > and ensure the ArcGIS Server Object Manager service is started. Start if necessary.
- Install the new ArcGIS Server ArcPad Extension.
- If you had stopped ArcPad services in step 1, you may now restore the “start automatically” setting in your ArcPad service(s).
- Manually start any ArcPad Services that you had stopped in step 1.
Note: The ArcGIS Server ArcPad Extension 8.0 Service Pack 1 requires ArcGIS Server Advanced Enterprise Edition 9.3 (.NET) or higher. This extension needs to be installed on the PC where ArcGIS Server is installed.
Both of these Service Packs are available from the links below, and are executable files zipped for Web access and Browser securities:
Also see the More Information About ArcPad 8.0 SP1 ReadMe (PDF) document.
A DVD of this Service Pack is available for users who experience difficulties downloading the Service Pack from this site. Simply fill out the Request DVD for ArcPad 8.0 Service Pack 1 order form.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App