Patches and updates
ArcIMS 4.0.1 Spatial Server - Image Server Update
- From your Services control panel, stop the ArcIMS Tasker, ArcIMS Monitor, ArcIMS Application Server, and your Web Server (in that order).
- Download QFE-IMS-401-CQ222116_WINDOWS.zip (ZIP format, 67kb).
- Use WinZip to extract aimssderio.dll from QFE-IMS-401-CQ222116_Windows.zip.
- Open your Windows Explorer.
- Navigate to <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory >\ArcIMS\Server\bin. Make a copy of the file aimssderio.dll as aimssderio_401.dll
- Replace <ArcIMS 4.0.1 install directory >\ArcIMS\Server\bin\aimssderio.dll with the patched one in this distribution.
- Restart the ArcIMS Application Server, ArcIMS Monitor and ArcIMS Tasker (in that order).
To check for the presence of Quick Fixes, examine the unique identification information by a (right click, properties, version tab) action under Explorer. With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a QFE distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. Under Windows 2000, select 'Product Version' under the 'Item name' column to see the unique identifier. The unique identifier for this QFE is QFE-IMS-401-CQ00222116.
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
Patches accumulated and obsoleted by this patch: QFE-IMS-401- CQ00217736
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.