Patches and updates
ArcGIS Service Pack 1 - Raster / Spatial Patch
ESRI® is pleased to announce this latest patch for ArcGIS Service Pack 1. This patch resolves several problems specific to Rasters and Spatial Analyst. It deals specifically with the problems listed below under Bugs Fixed with this Patch.
This patch replaces several ArcInfo 8.1 SP1 files; therefore, you must have the ArcGIS Service Pack 1 installed and running before you can install it. For the same reason, you should install it while no one is using the ArcInfo software.
During installation, you can either save the original ArcGIS Service Pack 1 files or overwrite them. If you choose to save them, make sure you have enough disk space. The estimated disk space requirements are:
|Windows NT-Intel||7.5 MB|
Bugs Fixed with this Patch
- CQ00141819: Projection on the fly doesn't resolve datum changes (Nad27 to Nad83).
- CQ00147606: Spatial functions are slow in 8.1.
- CQ00147943: Image catalog refresh problem when DataFrame holds 1 raster dataset.
Files Included in this Patch
Under the %ARCHOME%\bin folder:
Under the %ARCHOME%\raster\bin\ntx86 folder:
Installing this Patch
Since this patch replaces several ArcGIS 8.1 files, ArcGIS Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download RS_Patch.ZIP.
- Use WinZip to extract RS_Patch.exe from RS_Patch.ZIP.
- Make sure you have write access to the ArcGIS Desktop installation folder and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Double-click RS_Patch.exe to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
NOTE: Install this patch to your ArcInfo 8.1 SP1 installation. This patch must be installed on the server and all client installations if shared installations exist.
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches.
Sites in the US, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774 if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside the US, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App