Patches and updates
ArcGIS Server 9.3 for the Microsoft .NET Framework REST API Performance and Functionality Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Server 9.3 for the Microsoft .Net Framework REST API Performance and Functionality Patch. This patch includes two performance fixes. The first fix improves performance when accessing map tiles on a secure ArcGIS Server. The second fix adds the ability to turn off impersonation and allow REST Service to use a separate application pool with fixed identity. To learn more about using a separate application pool with fixed identity to improve performance, refer to Technical Article 32620 (Server 2003) and Technical Article 32622 (XP). This patch also addresses two functional issues, one to address an error when working with Geocode service locators that do not contain an intersection and another to enable Geoprocessing services that use a MapService to display the correct output result. The specific issues addressed in this patch are listed below.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM036603 - Error working with GeocodeServices that do not have intersections.
- NIM036838 - Performance fix: Add ability to turn off impersonation and allow REST Service to use a separate application pool with fixed identity.
- NIM037083 - Performance fix when accessing map tiles on a secure ArcGIS Server.
- NIM037084 - Geoprocessing Service result image always displays the output image for the default result.
Files Installed in this Patch
- Under the \ArcGIS\DotNET and c:\windows\assembly folders:
Installing this Patch
ArcGIS 9.3 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS Server 9.3 for the Microsoft .Net Framework.
- Download ServerDotNet93RESTPatch.msp to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click the msp files to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of patch]\ServerDotNet93RESTPatch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- For information regarding deploying the patch using deployment software such as SMS or Group Policy, refer to the ArcGIS Enterprise Deployment whitepaper.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To find out what products and which patches are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder93.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App