Patches and updates
ArcGIS Explorer 1200 ArcGIS Server 10 compatibility patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Explorer 1200 ArcGIS Server 10 compatibility patch. We recommend that all ArcGIS Explorer 1200 users download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS Explorer. ArcGIS Explorer 900 users who need to consume ArcGIS Server 10 services should install ArcGIS Explorer 1200 and this patch as well. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM057449 - Unable to connect to 10.0 based map services using ArcGIS Explorer 1200.
Description: When connecting to ArcGIS Server 10 based services, Explorer 900 and 1200 will throw an error: Unable to add service(s).
ArcGIS Explorer 1200 must be installed before you can install this Patch. You must have administrator privileges and ensure that all ArcGIS products are not currently open.
- For a successful installation of the ArcGIS Explorer Patch, existing ArcGIS Products installed on your machine must be closed and ArcGIS Services must be stopped.
- If ArcGIS Server Java or .NET is installed, before installing ArcGIS Explorer, stop the ArcGIS Server Object Manager service. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Select ArcGIS Server Object Manager > right-click Stop.
- If ArcIMS is installed, before installing ArcGIS Explorer, stop the ArcIMS Tasker, ArcIMS Monitor and ArcIMS Application Server (in this order). Go to Control Panel> Administrative Tools > Services > Select ArcIMS Tasker > right-click Stop, do the same for ArcIMS Monitor and ArcIMS Application Server.
- If ArcGIS Image Server is installed, before installing ArcGIS Explorer, stop the ESRI Image Server, ESRI Image ServiceProvider, and the ESRI ImageServerReporter. Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Select ESRI Image Server > right-click Stop, do the same for ESRI Image ServiceProvider, and ESRI ImageServerReporter.
- Download GIS-E31200-SrvrCmp-Patch.msp to a location other than your ArcGIS Product installation location.
- Double-click GIS-E31200-SrvrCmp-Patch.msp to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- After ArcGIS Explorer is installed, remember to restart any ArcGIS Services that you stopped prior to installing. Restarting your machine will restart your services automatically.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.