Patches and updates
ArcGIS Desktop 9.x License Manager Patch
IMPORTANT NOTE: This version of the License Manager is no longer supported by Acresso (formerly Macrovision) or ESRI. You can find the latest version of the License Manager here.
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Desktop 9.x License Manager Patch. This patch adds support for running the License Manager on a 64-bit machine. It also contains an updated Sentinel driver that resolves the issue of the hardware key not being detected when certain Dell laptops/notebooks are undocked. If you are installing this patch on a 64-bit system, only install it if your system is equipped with the AMD64/EM64T 64-bit processor running a Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
NOTE: This patch supports both Parallel and USB hardware keys on both 64-bit as well as 32-bit machines.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- CQ00278415 - Problem with having a Windows XP, 64-bit system recognize the hardware key and SuperPro driver.
- NIM001185 - The ArcGIS License Manager may report that no hardware key is installed on Dell laptop Latitude D810, even though a USB Sentinel key is installed.
Files Installed in this Patch
- A new complete install of the 9.x License Manager.
For 32-bit Machines, under C:\Program Files\ESRI\License\arcgis9x,
For 64-bit Machines, under C:\Program Files (x86)\ESRI\License\arcgis9x:
- Sentinel Protection Installer 7.2.2 (for 32-bit machines), under C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel System Driver:
- Sentinel Protection Installer 7.2.2 (for 64-bit machines), under C:\Program Files\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel System Driver:
Installing the Patch
To proceed with installation of this Patch, uninstall the previous version of the License Manager install as well as any previously installed Sentinel System Driver from Add/Remove Programs. Restart the computer and then proceed with the installation of this patch. This install automatically detects if your machine is a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system and installs the appropriate drivers.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS Desktop installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Uninstall any previous License Manager software and/or Sentinel drivers using Add/Remove Programs.
- Restart your machine.
- Download LMSetup92.exe to a location other than your ArcGIS Desktop installation location.
- Double-click the setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on the screen. If you need help with this process, please refer to the License Manager Reference Guide (lmrefguide) available in the Documentation folder on the ArcGIS Desktop Install CD.
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
Note: This version of the License Manager is no longer supported by Acresso (formerly Macrovision) or ESRI. You can find the latest version of the License Manager here.
This patch now supports Parallel hardware keys on both 64-bit as well as 32-bit machines.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To check for the presence of this Patch, the Date Modified field for the ARCGIS.EXE and esrihostid.exe files should read:
March 15, 2006
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App