Patches and updates
ArcGIS 9.3 SP1 (Engine) MDI Child Toolbar Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.3 SP1 (Engine) MDI Child Toolbar Patch. This patch includes a fix to an issue that occurs when using a toolbar on an MDI child form. The toolbar may not show all of the tools located on the toolbar. This issue does not impact any dialogs in the core ArcGIS, however it does impact some custom applications using the toolbar control.We recommend that you download and install this patch at your earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.3 SP1. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM039097 – The toolbar control does not display correctly when used within an MDI Child form.
Description: When using ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1, adding a toolbar to an MDI child form does not display the tools on the toolbar.
Files Installed in this Patch
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
Installing this Patch on Windows
ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download ArcGIS-93sp1-MDI-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click the appropriate setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered.
ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To check for the presence of a patch, for each file examine the File version information (right click, properties, version tab). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The File version for this patch should read:
ToolbarControl.ocx = 188.8.131.522
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App