Patches and updates
ArcGIS 9.3 SP1 (Desktop, Engine, Server) Geodatabase Topology Parametric Curve Utility Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.3 SP1 (Desktop, Engine, Server) Geodatabase Topology Parametric Curve Utility Patch. This patch addresses cases where features containing parametric curves were inadvertently replaced with densified representations as a result of NIM037520. We recommend all who use a geodatabase topology in conjunction with features containing parametric curves and may have been affected by NIM037520, download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the high highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- This patch includes a utility to replace curves that were replaced with densified representations resulting from topology validation. For more information on using the utility, please see Technical Article 35880.
Files Installed in this Patch
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
Installing this Patch on Windows
ArcGIS 9.3 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download ArcGIS-93sp1-GDB-TPCU-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-93sp1-GDB-TPCU-Patch.EXE to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered.
ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To check for the presence of a patch, for each file examine the File version information (right click, properties, version tab). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The File version for this patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App