Patches and updates
ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP1 (Desktop) Cartographic Representations In A Versioned Environment Patch
This patch is now obsolete. It has been superseded by the ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP1 (Desktop) Cartographic Representations Patch.
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.3.1 SP1 (Desktop) Cartographic Representations In A Versioned Environment Patch. This patch addresses cases where the representation class information may be lost when switching versions during an ArcMap session. The representation class information is not always being restored and will lead to an “unknown” representation listed in the Table Of Contents. We recommend that all who work with cartographic representations in a versioned environment, download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.3.1 Service Pack 1. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM052587 - Representation class name information is lost when changing versions from Default to "child" version.
Description: When switching versions in an ArcMap session, the representation class information may not be restored. The representation class will be listed as unknown in the Table Of Contents of the map document. After changing versions in an ArcMap session, the Table Of Contents may still list the correct representation class and have no effect on the user experience, but upon closing the ArcMap session this information will be lost. The next ArcMap session which uses this map document will list the representation class as unknown.
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS 9.3.1 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download ArcGIS-931SP1-CartoRep-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-931SP1-CartoRep-Patch.EXE to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered.
ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
May 12, 2010 - This patch will be included in the next available Service Pack or Major Release.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder931.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.