Patches and updates
ArcGIS 9.3.1 Desktop TFRD metadata Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.3.1 Desktop TFRD metadata Patch. This patch addresses a TFRD medata issue for ArcGIS NITF extension 1.1. We recommend that ArcGIS NITF extension 1.1 users, who work with TFRD data, download and install this patch. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM044320 - ArcGIS NITF extension 1.1 doesn't support TFRD_ABPP and TFRD_LAYER_NAME metadata tags in TFRD data.
Description: When displaying TFRD data in ArcMap with NITF extension 1.1, the data is stretched improperly due to fact that ArcGIS failed to read the tags in TFRD metadata. The patch addresses the issue and displays TFRD data properly.
Files Installed in this Patch
- Under the ArcGIS\bin folder:
Installing this Patch
ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download ArcGIS-931-TFRD-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-931-TFRD-Patch.EXE to start the install process. The Setup automatically detects the ArcGIS products you have installed (Desktop, Engine or Server) on your machine and executes the appropriate patch or patches accordingly.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered.
ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
May 12, 2010 - This patch will be included in the next available Service Pack or Major Release.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To find out what products and which patches are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder931.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App