Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10 SP 2 (Desktop) Parcel Editing Toolbar General Maintenance Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 2 (Desktop) Parcel Editing Toolbar General Maintenance Patch. This patch addresses performance, editing, and versioning on a multi-user environment. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM064865 - Parcel Fabric relates are duplicated when switching versions.
Description: In ArcMap, each time you change to a different version, the fabric layers create new in-memory relationship classes, resulting in many instances of these relationship classes showing in the identify window, and in the related tables button on the table attributes window.
- NIM066159 - Remainder tool hangs when cutting donut parcel.
Description: In some cases, when cutting a new parcel into an underlying multi-part parcel, ArcMap will appear to hang. This has been addressed with this patch to make sure it completes successfully.
- NIM066732 - Changing the version with the fabric table window open does not refresh the table view.
Description: In ArcMap, after changing to a different version, the open fabric table window does not update to show the records for the new version. This is also a problem for standard feature layers in a group layer.
- NIM066740 - The in-memory relationship class is not updated when changing the version.
Description: In ArcMap, after changing to a different version, the in-memory relationship classes do not update, and continue to reference the records from the previous version.
- NIM066974 - "Construction Method Error" occurs when merging two parcels and using Remainder.
Description: When merging parcels that have either large mis-close or a high shape standard error, a generic error is presented. This fix ensures that parcels can be merged, and the edit is committed. This fix also applies to remainders when the parcel being “cut-into” the underlying parcel has a large mis-close, missing join links, or high shape standard error.
- NIM067755 - When reconciling a version that has fabrics and annotation, the process is very slow.
Description: When Parcel Fabrics include a related feature-linked relationship to annotation, performance for some edits may be slow during database reconciliation
- NIM067755 - Extended attributes not showing up in Plan Properties.
Description: If a user had created extended attributes on the Plan fabric class, all of them were not visible when accessing the Plan Properties Attribute tab via the Plan Directory. This would prevent users from setting values for each attribute. This issue was only apparent in Service Pack 2.
- Under the Windows C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\bin folder:
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Desktop Gis10sp2-DT-PETGM-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click Gis10sp2-DT-PETGM-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\Gis10sp2-DT-PETGM-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
If you are in the United States, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside of the United States, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.