Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10 (Desktop, Engine, Server) Raster Format Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10 (Desktop, Engine, Server) Raster Format Patch. This patch addresses a misalignment issue for certain TIFF images and a slow browsing issue if a large number of raster datasets exist in a folder. The patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM058922 - Using a comma delimited regional setting causes problems when displaying certain TIFF images in ArcGIS 10.
Description: In a comma delimited regional setting such as German or French, some TIFF images do not display in the correct geographic location, or misalign with feature data. This problem occurs with TIFF images with scale factor or inverse flatten parameters in the projection. Please see technical article 38097 for more information.
- NIM059086 - ArcGIS is not reading extents for some TIFF images correctly
Description: When you add certain TIFF images to ArcMap, these images do not display in the correct geographic location, or misalign with feature data or basemap data. This problem normally occurs with scanned TIFF images. Please see technical article 38098 for more information.
- NIM059379 - The unit of the projection has changed from feet to meters for some TIFF images in comma delimited locale.
Description: In a comma delimited regional setting such as German or French, the spatial reference unit is changed incorrectly from feet to meters for TIFF format, you will notice that this type of TIFF image misaligns with feature data or basemap data.
- NIM059948 - Browsing rasters in a folder with many subfolders in Catalog Window or ArcCatalog is very slow.
Description: Browsing raster datasets using Catalog Window or ArcCatalog is slow if a folder contains many raster datasets and/or many subfolders.
Files Installed in this Patch
- Windows <ArcGIS Product Installation Directory>\bin:
Installing this Patch on Windows
ArcGIS 10.0 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-DT-10-RasterFormat-Patch.msp ArcGIS Engine ArcGIS-E-10-RasterFormat-Patch.msp ArcGIS Server GIS Services ArcGIS-SGIS-10-RasterFormat-Patch.msp ArcGIS Server Java ArcGIS-SJ-10-RasterFormat-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- For ArcGIS Server Only: Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Stop the ArcGIS Server Object Manager and ArcGIS Server SOC Monitor services.
- Double-click ArcGIS-<Product>-10-RasterFormat-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-<Product>-10-RasterFormat-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen. At the end of the installation, follow the instructions to run the GIS Server Post Install.
- For ArcGIS Server Only: Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Start the ArcGIS Server Object Manager and ArcGIS Server SOC Monitor services.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App