Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Desktop Schematic Datasets Migration Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for Desktop Schematic Datasets Migration Patch. This patch applies to ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 SP1. It installs a new migration function that is more flexible than the one installed within 10.1 SP1. This new function allows you to do the following:
- Filter out the set of diagrams you want to migrate.
- Disable some attribute evaluations that are time-consuming during the migration process.
- Execute several migration operations based on different subsets of diagrams in parallel, that allow you to migrate your schematic dataset content faster than you did in 10.1 SP1.
- For more information regarding schematic datasets migration, please read "SCHEMATIC DATASETS MIGRATION 10.1 PATCH - ReadMe.pdf".
This patch also fixes Migration/Export issues with diagrams containing schematic links with NULL geometry. It also deals with Static attributes which were not correctly upgraded on the fly when they were used by others attributes in a pre 10 schematic dataset and open by a 10.1 SP1 client. The patch also addresses the loss of Secondary associations when updating a diagram based on the Standard builder using the Refresh attributes option. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM085972 - Static attributes are not correctly upgraded on the fly when they are used by others attributes (attribute formatted, function, query, script). It happens when opening a schematic dataset 9.3.1 from 10.0 or 10.1 clients.
- NIM086385 - Migration/Export should check for valid geometry for the 0 length links. Migration should also create constant attributes to handle free text parameters in static attributes, since they are not allowed in 10 and 10.1. Migration should enforce inheritance between different schematic feature classes, since this is also not allowed in 10 and 10.1.
- NIM087473 - Secondary associations are lost when updating a diagram based on the Standard builder using the Refresh attributes option.
- NIM089369 - Need to change our migration workflow to allow users to filter out the set of diagrams they want to migrate, disable some attribute evaluations that may be time consuming during migration process, and execute several migration operations based on different set of diagrams in parallel so they can faster migrate their entire schematic dataset content.
For more information regarding schematic datasets migration, please read "SCHEMATIC DATASETS MIGRATION 10.1 PATCH - ReadMe.pdf".
- NIM090153 - The Update Diagram and Create Diagram GP tools only work when specifying a physical XML file as input. They should work without such an input XML file for the case the XML builder is configured to work with an external component.
Files Installed in this Patch
Installing this Patch on Windows
System Administrators: A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10.1 setups using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10.1 Enterprise Deployment.
ArcGIS 10.1 Service Pack 1 for Desktop, Engine, or Server must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
Checksum ArcGIS for Desktop ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-SDM-Patch.msp 6D77E6536F758A6776AA0ADD4E83B7ED
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-SDM-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-SDM-Patch.msp
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, Choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App