Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) SQL Server 2012 Support Patch
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.1 SP1 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) SQL Server 2012 Support Patch. This patch addresses performance issues when using a SQL Server 2012 geodatabase and Geometry or Geography data types. This patch also addresses several issues encountered when using geodatabase replication and SQL Server 2012. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM082657 - When working with a SQL Server 2012 geodatabase and Geometry or Geography type data, ArcMap drawing performance is slower than it was using SQL Server 2008. This affects all rendering and editing operations.
- NIM087765 - SQL Server 2012: Synchronizing a two-way replica causes duplicate Global IDs when conflicts are present, and importing changes to a replica fails with 'dbms table not found' error.
Files Installed in this Patch
Installing this Patch on Windows
System Administrators: A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10.1 setups using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10.1 Enterprise Deployment.
ArcGIS 10.1 Service Pack 1 for Desktop, Engine, or Server must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
Checksum ArcGIS for Desktop ArcGIS-101SP1-DT-SQLSS-Patch.msp 7922817ED703026FB07B20CC452CE67A ArcGIS Engine ArcGIS-101SP1-E-SQLSS-Patch.msp C6A9EF37F2541014C945502ECDEE1EC2 ArcGIS for Server ArcGIS-101SP1-S-SQLSS-Patch.msp 4D774A6D4E025C89618C424F489A4F4A
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- ArcGIS for Server only: Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Stop the ArcGIS Server service.
- Double-click ArcGIS-101SP1-<Product>-SQLSS-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-101SP1-<Product>-SQLSS-Patch.msp
- ArcGIS for Server only: Open the Services Management Console> Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services. Start the ArcGIS Server service.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, Choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App