Patches and updates
ArcGIS 10.0 (Desktop) FGDC Metadata Style Patch
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10.0 (Desktop) FGDC Metadata Style Patch. This patch addresses the lack of an FGDC metadata style in ArcGIS 10.0 Final. The patch deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
Issues Addressed with this Patch
- NIM052715 - The FGDC metadata standard must be maintained as an option in ArcGIS Desktop for version 10. The minimum requirement is the ability to export metadata to this format.
Description: This patch includes a new FGDC metadata style for users of ArcGIS Desktop who are required to maintain FGDC formatted metadata documents. The new style provides the following new functionality:
- Export ArcGIS metadata to the FGDC format.
- Validate FGDC metadata according to the FGDC DTD.
- Edit metadata using a specific FGDC configuration based on the new editor introduced in 10.0.
Files Installed in this Patch
- <ArcGIS Installation Directory>\Metadata\Config folder :
- FGDC CSDGM Metadata.cfg
- FGDC CSDGM Metadata.cfg
Installing this Patch on ArcGIS Desktop
ArcGIS 10.0 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Desktop ArcGIS-DT-10-FGDC-Patch.msp
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click ArcGIS-DT-10-FGDC-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-DT-10-FGDC-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
How to identify which Patch is installed
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.
Get help from ArcGIS experts
Download the Esri Support App