Problem: The Start and Stop buttons in ArcGIS Server Manager are unavailable for hosted feature services
ArcGIS Server Manager allows managing, tuning, and organizing services for ArcGIS Enterprise organizations. However, the Start and Stop buttons are unavailable for hosted feature services in ArcGIS Server Manager, as shown in the image below.
By design, the Start and Stop buttons are unavailable when managing the hosted feature services in ArcGIS Server Manager as the services are stored in ArcGIS Data Store. The Start and Stop buttons are only available for non-hosted services.
Solution or Workaround
Use one of the workarounds provided to start and stop the services in ArcGIS Server Manager.
Publish the data as a feature service in ArcGIS Server
Publish the data as a feature service instead of hosted feature service in ArcGIS Server. Refer to ArcGIS Server: Feature service creation for more information.
Use the Services.msc command to start and stop the ArcGIS Server service
Note: The following procedure stops all services available in ArcGIS Server. Ensure there are no processes in operation by all users available within the organization before proceeding.
On the ArcGIS Server machine, use the Services.msc command to start and stop the ArcGIS Server service via the Services window. This also starts and stops the hosted feature services in ArcGIS Server.
- On the ArcGIS Server machine, click the Windows logo key + R on the keyboard.
- In the Run dialog box, type Services.msc, and click OK.
- In the Services window, search for and right-click ArcGIS Server.
- Click Start or Stop in the drop-down menu to start or stop the ArcGIS Server service.
- ArcGIS Server: Start and stop services
- ArcGIS Server: Edit service properties in Server Manager
- Portal for ArcGIS: Publish hosted feature layers
- Problem: Unable to start or stop services in ArcGIS for Server
Last Published: 1/19/2023
Article ID: 000027902
Software: ArcGIS Server 10.9.1, 10.9, 10.8.1, 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7, 10.6.1, 10.6