How To: Fix BUG-000142880, where log-ins to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 fail from ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud version 3.0.1 or higher
ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud is a plug-in that enables data-driven map creation directly in Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. Cartographers and graphic design professionals in an enterprise organization can use familiar graphic design workflows to design with maps and data hosted in the customer’s cloud-based or on-premise ArcGIS Enterprise. To allow this, the user must sign into their ArcGIS Enterprise using an ArcGIS account provided by the administrator.
However, logging in from ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud version 3.0.1 or higher to ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 fails with the following error message:
ArcGIS Account Page not found Type: Status Report Message: The requested resource [/oauth/oauth_callback 3.0.1.html] Description: http.404:The requested resource [/oauth/oauth_callback_3_0_1.html] is not available Portal for ArcGIS
This occurs due to a recent update on Adobe apps enforcing a stricter CORS policy which blocks scripts trying to access a frame with a different origin.
This issue is resolved by applying several updated files to the ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 environment you are attempting to connect to from ArcGIS Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud. Use the steps outlined in the procedure below:
- Download the .zip file from the Related Information section at the bottom of this article, and unzip it.
- Copy the contents of the .zip file to <Portal installation directory>\framework\webapps\rootapp\oauth
- Follow the link of the Release announcement for version 3.0.1 (Windows only) and follow the rest of the instructions from that link.
- Download: mapforadobe_3_0_1_arcgis_enterprise_patch.zip
- Release announcement for version 3.0.1
- ArcGIS Enterprise support in Maps for Adobe Creative Cloud
Last Published: 9/21/2021
Article ID: 000026405
Software: ArcGIS Server 10.9