BUG-000133837: The error message, "Invalid URL" is returned when navigating from ArcGIS Maps for Power BI to an ArcGIS Enterprise environment that specifies Allow Origins in Portal for ArcGIS
If your ArcGIS Enterprise portal has CORS configured to restrict cross-domain requests to your portal, Power BI Desktop will not function as expected, as described in BUG-000133837.
If using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7.1 or later, an administrator of your ArcGIS Enterprise organization can configure CORS to allow requests that originate from Power BI.
To add Power BI to the allowed origins, do the following:
- Verify that you are signed in to your ArcGIS Enterprise organization and have privileges to manage the organization.
- Sign in to the sharing API using the URL https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/sharing/rest
Note: To complete this step, HTML access to the sharing API must be enabled. On many secured environments, HTML access to the sharing API is restricted. To enable HTML access to the sharing API, the disableServicesDirectory property under https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/portaladmin/security/config must be set to false.
- Once signed in, access: https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/sharing/rest/portals/self
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Update.
- On the newly loaded page, scroll down and find the Allowed Origins box.
- Origins are comma separated without any spaces, quotes, or square brackets.
- Copy the following text into the Allowed Origins to add the Power BI origins.
- Click Update Organization.
The Power BI origin is added to the allowed origins. The changes take effect immediately, without the need to restart the portal.
- If HTML access was enabled in step 2, to complete this workflow, the access should be disabled again. To do so, go to https://webadaptorhost.domain.com/webadaptorname/portaladmin/security/config and set the disableServicesDirectory property to True.
Last Published : 5/4/2021
Article ID: 000025550
Software: Portal for ArcGIS 10.8.1, 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7