Problem: The Map and Scene tabs are unavailable in ArcGIS Online
In an ArcGIS Online organization, the Map and Scene tabs are not available on the top ribbon. Additionally, when attempting to open a feature layer in Map Viewer or Scene Viewer in ArcGIS Online, the options to do so on the item details page are unavailable.
The image below shows the Map and Scene tabs are unavailable in ArcGIS Online.
The Essential Apps add-on license is not assigned to the organization member.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve the issue, complete the steps below.
- Log in to the ArcGIS Online organization.
- Navigate to Organization > Licenses> Add-on licenses.
- Navigate to App bundles > Essential Apps.
- In the Essential Apps section, click Manage.
- In the Manage: Essential Apps window, search for the desired organization member, and toggle on the button next to the organization member's name.
The image below shows the Map and Scene tabs are available in ArcGIS Online.
Last Published: 1/15/2021
Article ID: 000024827