How To: Use a custom report template from the ArcGIS Business Analyst Web app in ArcGIS Pro
It is possible to use a custom report template in ArcGIS Pro that was created using the Business Analyst Web Application. The workflow described in this article demonstrates the steps required to do this.
- Open the Business Analyst Web Application.
- Go to the Reports > Build Reports tab.
- Expand My Reports.
- On the report you wish to use in ArcGIS Pro, click the Download this template as a file icon. This downloads the report template to your Downloads folder.
Note: If Business Analyst for ArcMap is installed on the same machine as ArcGIS Pro, skip to step 9 below.
Create the folder structure to use the report template in ArcGIS Pro
- In the Windows 10 Search bar, type regedit.
- In the results pane, select Registry Editor and click Open.
- Navigate to the following:
- Right-click GlobalProperties and choose New > String Value.
- Use the following values for the new Key:
- Value name: RepositoryFolder
- Value data: C:\My Output Data
- Click OK and close the Registry Editor.
- In Windows File Explorer, create a folder on the root drive (C:) named My Output Data.
- In the My Output Data folder, create another folder named Report Templates_USA_ESRI_<Dataset Vintage>.
- Copy the custom report template (BPRT) file from the Downloads directory to the C:\My Output Data\Report Templates_USA_ESRI_<Dataset Vintage> folder. For example, if the template Custom Report Template.bprt was downloaded, and the Esri 2020 USA Business Analyst Data is installed, the full path to the report template will be:
C:\My Output Data\Report Templates_USA_ESRI_2019\Custom Report Template.bprt
Once all these items are in place, open ArcGIS Pro and the report template will be available in the My Reports section of the Summary Reports geoprocessing tool. The report template will be displayed in the My Reports section of the Business Analyst Tools > Reports > Summary Reports tool, as shown in the image below.
Note: SDCX and custom data are not yet supported in reports from ArcGIS Pro.
Last Published: 8/27/2020
Article ID: 000024108
Software: ArcGIS Business Analyst Web App 8.2, 8.1, 7.4, 7.3, 7.2, 7.1, 6.1, 6.0, 5.8, 5.7, 5.6.8, 5.6, 5.5, 5.4, 5.3.5, 5.3, 5.2, 5.1, 5.0, 4.7, 4.6, 4.5, 4.4, 4.3, 4.2, 4.1, 4.0