Problem: Unable to install or uninstall ArcGIS Pro after the installation process is interrupted
When the installation process for ArcGIS Pro is interrupted, attempting to continue the installation fails. When attempting to reinstall or uninstall ArcGIS Pro, the process fails, preventing the use of ArcGIS Pro.
The software is also not listed in the Windows 'Add or Remove programs' window.
An interrupted installation leaves remnants of the install on the machine. This includes files, shortcuts, and corrupted registry keys. These remnant files prevent any modifications to ArcGIS Pro.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve, perform the workaround below.
- Navigate to Microsoft: Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed, and download the Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter.
- Run the tool, and click Next.
- Select Uninstalling.
- Select the ArcGIS Pro Help file from the list, and uninstall it. If this file is not present, skip to Step 6.
- Close the tool, and relaunch it. Click Next, and select Uninstalling.
- Select ArcGIS Pro from the list, and uninstall it.
- Restart the machine.
- Run the ArcGIS Pro installer to reinstall ArcGIS Pro.
- Microsoft: Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed
- How To: Troubleshoot installation and uninstallation issues
Last Published: 11/17/2020
Article ID: 000023695
Software: ArcGIS Pro 2.6.3, 2.6.2, 2.6.1, 2.6, 2.5.2, 2.5.1, 2.5, 2.4.3, 2.4.2, 2.4.1, 2.4, 2.3.3, 2.3.2, 2.3.1, 2.3, 2.2.4, 2.2.3, 2.2.2, 2.2.1, 2.2