How To: Import an ArcGIS Pro project to ArcMap
Some tools in ArcMap, such as Feature Class Coverage and Create Replica Footprints, are unavailable in ArcGIS Pro. Therefore, it is necessary to open an ArcGIS Pro project in ArcMap to use these tools. By default, ArcMap cannot open ArcGIS Pro project files (.aprx).
A workaround is to import the ArcGIS Pro project to ArcMap through ArcGIS Online, and this article describes the necessary steps.
- In ArcGIS Pro, sign in to an ArcGIS Online organizational account.
- Share the project as a web map to ArcGIS Online. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Share a web map for more information.
- Open ArcMap, and sign in to the same ArcGIS Online organizational account by navigating to File > Sign In....
- Import the web map by navigating to File > ArcGIS Online > My Maps and Data, and click Open on the web map to import.
- In the Catalog window, add a connection to the project file geodatabase used in ArcGIS Pro. Refer to ArcMap: Connect to a file or personal geodatabase or an SQLite database for more information.
- ArcGIS Pro: Tools that are not available in ArcGIS Pro
- ArcGIS Pro: Create a project
- ArcGIS Pro: Supported data types and items
Last Published: 7/13/2020
Article ID: 000023367
Software: ArcMap 10.8, 10.7.1, 10.7, 10.6.1, 10.6 ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2, 2.5.1, 2.5, 2.4.3, 2.4.2, 2.4.1, 2.4