How To: Edit License Files in My Esri for Portal for ArcGIS 10.7 and later versions
This article describes a process by which users can edit their existing Portal license file to include new User Types, Add-on Applications, etc. without first canceling the license file. This can also be used to change the License Manager hostname and MAC Address, if any Named User licenses are included in the license.
This workflow applies to Portal for ArcGIS versions 10.7 or higher. The user performing this workflow must have permissions to perform licensing actions in My Esri. The basic workflow is as follows:
- Open current license file.
- Make the desired changes.
- My Esri cancels the current license file and creates a new one with the desired changes.
- Log in to My Esri.
- Go to the Licensing tab.
- In the License Management section, click License Files.
- Click License Files related to Portal for ArcGIS and Pro.
- Locate the user's existing Portal license from the list and click Details.
- Note: if you aren't sure which license file to select, click Details, and scroll to the bottom of the page. The user should be able to verify the file based on the contained User Types.
- Click Edit Licensing File on the top right.
- Add the desired items to the license and advance to the next page.
- Add ArcGIS Pro add-on licenses and extensions. If Named User licenses are selected, you will have the ability to modify the License Manager hostname and MAC Address.
- Continue through to Steps 4 and 5 of the licensing process to download or email the license.
- Import the license via Portal Home > Organization > Licenses as normal.
Last Published: 5/6/2020
Article ID: 000023267