FAQ: Is it possible to create conditional questions in Survey123 Web Designer?
Is it possible to create conditional questions in Survey123 Web Designer?
Yes, it is possible to create conditional questions in Survey123 Web Designer using the Set rule function . However, this function is limited to Single Choice, Single Choice Grid, Dropdown, Likert, and Rating questions. When setting conditions, selecting a particular answer in the parent question prompts only the related child question.
Follow the steps below to configure conditional questions:
- In Survey123 Web Designer, create parent and child questions. The table below summarizes how the child question is prompted based on the answer choice of the parent question.
|Parent question||Answer choice for the parent question||Subsequent child question|
|What television show genre do you prefer?||Crime||Which crime show you like the most?|
|Reality television||Which reality television show you like the most?|
|Comedy||Which comedy show you like the most?|
The image below shows the parent and child questions created in Survey123 Web Designer.
- Select the parent question and click the Set rule icon .
- In the Set rule dialog box, specify the answer choice (the If field) and the related child question (the Show field). Click OK.
- Save the form.
Selecting a particular answer in the parent question prompts only the related child question.
- Survey123 for ArcGIS: Quick reference
- Survey123 for ArcGIS: Create your first survey
- FAQ: Is it possible to have more than one answer to a survey question to prompt the subsequent conditional question?