Problem: Unable to view web maps in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS)
Web maps are not visible when opened through the Maps tab in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS). The following image shows the Maps tab with no web map in Collector for ArcGIS (iOS).
The following are possible causes:
- The web maps used in ArcGIS Online do not have editable hosted feature layers.
- The 'Use in Collector for ArcGIS' check box is unchecked in the ArcGIS Online web map settings.
- The web maps used in ArcGIS Online are not shared to the required group.
Solution or Workaround
Select one of the options below depending on the cause to resolve the issue:
Enable editing on the hosted feature layers
To view web maps in Collector for ArcGIS, the web maps must contain at least one editable hosted feature layer.
To do so, check the Enable editing check box of the hosted feature layer. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Manage hosted feature layers for more information.
Note: Ensure the hosted feature layer is re-saved with the web map.
Check the Use in Collector for ArcGIS check box
Check the Use in Collector for ArcGIS check box in the Application Settings section of the hosted feature layer.
Note: If the Use in Collector for ArcGIS check box is not displayed, this indicates the web map does not contain at least one editable hosted feature layer. Refer to the first option to enable editing on the layers.
Share the web maps to the required group
Share the web maps to the group, so group members can access them. Refer to Collector for ArcGIS: Deploy your map for more information.
- ArcGIS Online: Set map options for apps
- ArcGIS Online: Create hosted feature layer views
- ArcGIS Online: Share items
- Collector for ArcGIS: Configure Collector
- Collector for ArcGIS Blog: Share a map for data collection in Collector
Last Published: 4/15/2020
Article ID: 000022940
Software: Collector Classic (iOS) 19.0.2, 18.0.3, 18.0.2, 18.0.1, 17.0.4, 17.0.3, 17.0.2, 17.0.1