FAQ: Reset Required Fields for ArcGIS Server Feature Services
Reset Required Fields for ArcGIS Server Feature Services
As an administrator, it may be necessary to ensure values are entered by field users in a specific field. Within the geodatabase information model, you can define a field as non-nullable and a value must be supplied for that attribute before it can be submitted. In Collector for ArcGIS, this may not be enforced when creating a new feature. See the Collector for ArcGIS blog: Require the information you need from the field
Esri has provided a workaround for Hosted Feature services on Github, however this is not applicable for ArcGIS Server services. For ArcGIS Server services, it is necessary to add a property to the Feature Service via the Server Admin directory at REST, as follows.
- Go into the server’s admin REST page – for example:
- Log in as the admin.
- Go to the services page, for example:
- Click the service that they are using, for example:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Edit.
- Go to the feature service section and at the bottom add the following:
- Click Save.
- Reset the service.
- Collector for ArcGIS blog: Require the information you need from the field
- GitHub: Reset Required Fields