How To: Change the default output spatial reference of the Print widget in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition)
The default output spatial reference of the Print widget in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS is the WGS 1984 Web Mercator Auxiliary Sphere with well-known ID (WKID) 102100. When using the Print widget and setting the Force scale option to a value that prints a specific map extent, the output map extent is sometimes smaller than the specified extent. This discrepancy increases if the data is located farther away from the Equator. To reduce map extent discrepancies, the output spatial reference must be set to a local spatial reference depending on the location of the data.
The instructions provided describe how to preset the Print widget in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) to use a local spatial reference that produces accurate output measurements.
- Refresh the app and open the advanced settings of the Print widget. The inserted WKID is the default spatial reference of the Print widget.
- Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition): Print widget
- ArcGIS for Developers: SpatialReference
- ArcGIS for Developers: Introduction to Spatial References
- FAQ: Why are my map, distance and area measurements wrong when using WGS 1984 Web Mercator
- ArcGIS Blog: Measuring distances and areas when your map uses the Mercator projection