Error: A column was specified that does not exist. 0. Failed to execute (GeneratePathways)
In ArcGIS Pro, when running the Generate Pathways tool with ArcGIS Indoors, the following error message is returned:
Error: A column was specified that does not exist. 0. Failed to execute (GeneratePathways).
This error occurs because changes, such as adding, removing or renaming field names are made to the default network schema of the ArcGIS Indoors geodatabase. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Data creation workflow for more information about ArcGIS Indoors.
Solution or Workaround
To resolve this error:
- Create a new ArcGIS Indoors geodatabase with the proper schema, without modifications, and compare it to the working Indoors geodatabase to ensure the network schemas are correct. Refer to ArcGIS Indoors Information Model for proper configuration of the web maps and sample schemas.
- Use the Field Mapping tool to identify mismatches in the schemas of the working Indoors geodatabase. Refer to ArcGIS Pro: Configure field mapping for more information.
- If the network schema is renamed, copy data from the working Indoors geodatabase and paste it into the new Indoors geodatabase.
Note: Alternatively, if there are additional schemas, remove them from the working geodatabase. If missing schemas (and their accompanying columns) are identified, copy data from the working geodatabase and paste it into the new Indoors geodatabase. The column for the missing schema is displayed in the Indoors geodatabase.
- Load the floor plans and points of interest (POIs), and create an Indoors network by running the Generate Pathways tool.
- ArcGIS Pro: An overview of the Indoors toolbox
- ArcGIS Pro: Create Indoors Database
- ArcGIS Pro: Define feature class properties