Problem: Dataset not found when publishing surveys to Portal for ArcGIS
Attempting to publish surveys from Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS or Survey123 for ArcGIS to Portal for ArcGIS returns the following error messages:
Error: Dataset not found. Status: Error. Details: code 500
Error: Error getting result parameter. Status: Error. Details: code 500
Error: Unable to create a new survey. ERROR: Dataset not found.
The given error messages indicate a broader issue. Potential causes of this error include but are not limited to:
- Portal for ArcGIS is unable to create hosted feature layers, a core part of the publishing process.
- The PublishingTools or the PublishingToolsEx geoprocessing services are not running or require a restart.
- The ArcGIS Data Store license is expired.
- ArcGIS Data Store is not validated in ArcGIS Server.
- The user is not assigned permissions to publish hosted feature services to ArcGIS Server.
Solution or Workaround
- Review Portal for ArcGIS to ensure it is able to publish hosted feature layers. Test this by creating a layer using Portal for ArcGIS, either through a template, or by directly uploading a CSV file.
Note: If the error is not returned for all survey forms, there may be a configuration problem or an issue with the survey XLSForm design. Republish the survey form, or refer to Survey123 for ArcGIS: XLSForm essentials for XLSForm design best practices.
- If the error remains, check the status of the PublishingTools or the PublishignToolsEx geoprocessing services. Refer to ArcGIS Server: Start and stop services for more information.
- Check the ArcGIS Server Manager logs to identify the underlying cause. Refer to ArcGIS Server: Server logs for steps to access the logs.
- Run the describedatastore.bat utility. Refer to ArcGIS Enterprise: ArcGIS Data Store command utility reference for more information on ArcGIS Data Store command utility references.
- Check Data Store mode, and Free disk space. If Data Store mode is set to READONLY and there is available disk space, use the following command to set the relational data store to READWRITE.
changedatastoremode readonly|readwrite [--prompt <yes|no>]
Note: Data Store mode is automatically set to READONLY when disk-space on the machine is low, to prevent data loss.
- Restart the ArcGIS Data Store service in Windows.
- ArcGIS Enterprise: Log in to Manager
- GeoNet: Publishing Error – Code 500 – Dataset not found
- GeoNet: Survey123 publishing error, code: 500
- Portal for ArcGIS: Common problems and solutions
- Problem: Unable to start or stop services in ArcGIS for Server