Problem: Unable to republish or overwrite a Survey123 for ArcGIS survey to ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS
When attempting to republish or overwrite a Survey123 for ArcGIS survey to ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS, the survey stops responding when it reaches the 'Updating survey form package' action, as shown in the image below.
The following are possible causes:
- The survey references a different 'ownerfolder' ID leading to the survey form not found. This may occur if the ownership has changed.
- The hosted feature layer and the form are moved from the default folder to a different folder in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS.
Solution or Workaround
Depending on the cause, resolve the issue using one of the following options:
- Navigate to the new owner's C drive survey file location. For example, <C:\Users\Username\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs\<Survey_name>. Open the .itemInfo file of the survey in a text editor, and replace the ownerFolder ID with the new folder ID.
Note: For ArcGIS Online To determine the folder ID, right-click the name of the survey folder and select Inspect , which opens the HTML page. The folder ID is listed in the data-id attribute of the folder's <a> tag. For Portal for ArcGIS To determine the folder ID, navigate to Portal Sharing REST > Sign in > Portals > Self > Users > User Account and go to User Content in Related Resources. Scroll to see the list of folders, and select the survey folder to view the folder ID. Refer to ArcGIS REST API: User Content for more information.
- Move the hosted feature layer and the survey form back to the default folder in ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Manage items for a specific member and ArcGIS REST API: Move Items for steps to do this.
Note: Alternatively, publish the survey as a new survey instead of updating the survey. This is recommended if there is no data collected from the old survey.
- ArcGIS REST API: Quick reference
- ArcGIS REST API: Item
- Survey123 for ArcGIS: Update surveys
- Survey123 for ArcGIS: Can I move the items for my survey to a different location in my ArcGIS organization?