Error: Configured group is invalid or no items have been shared with this group yet
The following error is returned when attempting to log in to the Citizen Problem Reporter solution template in the Crowdsource Reporter application in ArcGIS Online.
Error: Configured group is invalid or no items have been shared with this group yet.
The same error is returned when the Citizen Problem Reporter application is accessed via the 'Proceed as Guest' option on the Citizen Problem Reporter splash screen or via social media such as Twitter and Facebook.
The following are possible causes:
- There are no groups configured in the ArcGIS Online organizational account in which the items must be shared.
- The contents of the applications such as the web maps and layers are not shared publicly when accessed from the 'Proceed as Guest' option on the Citizen Problem Reporter splash screen or other social media applications.
- The layers of the web maps do not have the add, update, and delete editing capabilities enabled.
Solution or Workaround
Depending on the cause, select one of the options below to resolve the issue.
- Create a group, and share the items to the group. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Create groups and ArcGIS Online: Share items with a group for more information.
- Share the contents of the applications publicly. Refer to ArcGIS Online: Share items with everyone for more information.
- Ensure at least one of the web map layers has the add, update and delete editing capabilities enabled. Refer to Portal for ArcGIS: Requirements for more information.
- ArcGIS Solutions for Local Government: Crowdsource Reporter
- ArcGIS Solutions for Local Government: Citizen Problem Reporter
- ArcGIS Online: Manage hosted feature layers
- ArcGIS Online: Best practices for using layers in maps
Last Published: 9/25/2019
Article ID: 000021712
Software: Configurable Web Apps Zone.Look.up, time.aware.2016, time.aware.2015, time.aware.2012, summary.viewer, story.map.tour, story.map.swipe.and.spyglass, story.map.shortlist, story.map.series, story.map.journal, story.map.crowdsource, story.map.cascade, story.map.basic.2015, story.map.basic.2012, simple.scene.viewer, simple.map.viewer.2014, simple.map.viewer.2012, scene.styler, public.information, public.gallery, minimalist.2016, minimalist.2015, minimal.gallery, media.map, maps.and.apps.gallery, map.tools, map.styler, map.carousel, local.perspective, live.map.beta, layer.showcase, Interactive.Legend, information.lookup, impact.summary, imagery.viewer, image.visit, image.mask, image.interpretation, Geoform, geo.list, finder.2014, finder.2013, find.edit.filter.march.2014, find.edit.filter.july.2014, filter.2014, filter.2012, elevation.profile.2015, elevation.profile.2013, elevation.profile.2012, edit.2015, edit.2013, Directions, Current, crowdsource.reporter, crowdsource.polling, crowdsource.manager, compare.scenes, compare.analysis.2015, compare.analysis.2013, compare, classic.viewer, category.gallery, Basic.Viewer.2016, Basic.Viewer.2014, Attachment.Viewer, 3d.data.visualization