FAQ: Is it possible to move a web app from one ArcGIS Online organization to another ?
Is it possible to move a web app from one ArcGIS Online organization to another ?
In some cases, users may want to move web apps directly from one ArcGIS Online organization account to another when the organization acquires a new account or when the members move to a different ArcGIS Online organization account. However, it is not possible to move content from one ArcGIS Online organization account to another. Refer to ArcGIS Online Help: Can I transfer my data directly from one organization to another for more information.
As a workaround, follow the instructions described below:
- In ArcGIS Online, download the web app from the old organization. Refer to ArcGIS Online Help: Download apps for more information.
- Export the file geodatabase or the feature classes used in the web app as a shapefile. Refer to ArcGIS Online Help: Export data from hosted feature layers for more information.
- Republish the service using the shapefile in step 2 to the new ArcGIS Online organization account from ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro. Refer to ArcMap Help: Publish a map service from ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro Help: Publish a map service for more information.
- In the new ArcGIS Online organization account, add the published hosted feature layers to a new map with the desired basemap and save the web map.
- Open the web app downloaded from the old organization in step 1, and open the config.json file in a text editor such as Notepad.
- In the config.json file, update the portal URL and web map ID to the new organization portal URL and web map ID.
- Publish and host the web app on the web server to access the app from the new organization account. Refer to Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS: Deploy the app for more information.
- FAQ: Can I transfer hosted services from one ArcGIS Online organization to another?
- ArcGIS Server: Share your GIS content on the web
- ArcGIS Online Help: Best practices for using layers in maps
- Web App Builder for ArcGIS: App configuration