BUG-000123295: The Cell Size Projection Method (Environment settings) option is unavailable when using the ArcMap 10.7 Japanese, Spanish or French graphical user interface (GUI)
The Cell Size Projection Method in the Environment Settings option is unavailable when using ArcMap 10.7 and 10.7.1 in the Japanese, French or Spanish user interface. This is also an issue if versions 10.7 or 10.7.1 of ArcReader, ArcGIS Engine, or ArcGIS Server have been installed.
Inconsistent translation was the root cause.
Replace the XML files with the corrected XML file for corresponding language.
To circumvent this issue, follow the steps below:
- Close the ArcGIS Desktop application.
- In Window Explorer, browse to the geoprocessing Environments folder for the affected version and language, for example, assuming that ArcGIS was installed on the C:/ drive, for the Japanese language at Version 10.7 the path is:
Similarly, for ArcReader, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS Engine, the paths are:
<install location>\ArcReader10.7\help\ja\gp\Environments\Spatial Analyst Tools.xml
<install location>\ArcGIS\server\help\ja\gp\Environments\Spatial Analyst Tools.xml
<install location>\ArcGIS\Engine10.7\help\ja\gp\Environments\Spatial Analyst Tools.xml
- Rename Spatial Analyst Tools.xml in each location above. For example: ‘Spatial Analyst Tools_old.xml’
- Download, extract, and replace the corrected Spatial Analyst Tools.xml for the affected language, at these locations.
See the Related Information section below for the appropriate download.
- Restart ArcGIS and this option should now be visible.
- Spatial Analyst Tools (Japanese)
- Spatial Analyst Tools (French)
- Spatial Analyst Tools (Spanish)
- Introducing the new resolution preserving cell size projection method